Rowland Publishing Inc., award-winning publisher of Tallahassee Magazine, 850 Business Magazine, Emerald Coast Magazine, Northwest Florida Weddings Magazine and other high-end publications throughout Northwest Florida is an equal opportunity employer, offering competitive pay and benefits. Please apply for the following positions by sending a resume, cover letter and salary requirements using the form at the bottom of this page.
Lifestyle Magazine Editor
Rowland Publishing publishes two lifestyle magazines, Emerald Coast magazine, which circulates from Pensacola to Panama City, Florida, and Tallahassee magazine. Both titles profile people, places, activities and events that contribute to the outstanding quality of life in Northwest Florida. The lifestyle magazine editor is responsible for bringing about content that is engaging, skillfully written and reflects well upon Rowland Publishing and the communities within its footprint. He/she works closely with magazine designers to ensure that stories are effectively presented.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Edit stories written by staff writers and freelance contributors.
- Serve writers as a resource and a mentor.
- Write photo captions, headlines, cover text and sidebars.
- Review story proofs and participate in book review processes.
- Manage editorial workflows; become familiar with tracking tools.
- Supply story ideas and lead meetings held to write story lineups.
- Contribute to meetings held to establish editorial calendars.
- Monitor developments in communities served by RPI publications.
The lifestyle magazine editor is expected to work independently, manage his/her time well and cooperate with members of other departments. Close attention to deadlines and an unfailing commitment to accuracy are essential.
Education or Experience
College degree in journalism, communication or media studies required along with three years of editing experience. Familiarity with Associated Press Stylebook strongly desired.
More detailed job description duties and responsibilities will be shared during the interview process. This is a full-time position. Submit a cover letter when applying. Please apply using the form below.
Associate Art Director
Oversee art direction for effective presentation of the creative image of RPI publications and provide artistic plan per issue to creative director.
- Using graphic arts skills and experience, prepare conceptual layouts for proprietary magazines, and submit to Creative Director for review.
- Art direct and assign shoots to freelance photographers for magazine needs
- On-site art direction for covers/features (when possible)
- Read all stories and develop a plan for art and photography ideas to present at the art meetings
- Create mockups of layouts in InDesign to showcase “rough sketches” of art concepts and present to the Creative Director during a weekly one-on-one creative meeting
- Work closely with the Creative Director on art budgets per issue
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
- Most work is performed in a remote home office setting. May require some onsite photography and/or art styling locally.
Must be well organized, detail-oriented, and able to work cooperatively with co-workers. This work is done while seated for extended periods of time with extensive computer usage while concentrating on tasks involving details of images and text. Established procedures must be followed but creativity in design is expected. The productivity of completed work will be established by the Director of Production, based on magazine deadlines and customer requirements.
Education and Experience
Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat is required. Minimum of one year’s experience with a Mac operating system. Direct client service experience is a plus. Degree or certificate in fine arts/graphic arts and a minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in graphic design, photography, or related fields.
Account Executive: Emerald Coast Market
Rowland Publishing seeks a professional to build up market share with our 20+ magazine and digital packages. The ideal candidate should have previous sales and marketing experience, in media preferred (both print and digital), and be willing to go the extra mile to serve our customers well and earn new ones. Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, willing to attend events, be detail-oriented, and have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. Must be comfortable handling multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. The position is located on the Emerald Coast (Pensacola-Panama City Beach), Florida. Base salary, expenses, with earned commission with benefits will be offered. Experienced proven professionals only. Please apply using the form below.
We’re always looking for talented people.
- Step 1: Download and fill out the Employment Application by clicking the button below.
- Step 2: Fill out the Applicant Information web form below (make sure to upload a completed employment application, a cover letter, and your resume at the bottom of the web form).
- Step 3: Submit
We’ll keep your information on file to review at our next job opening.