Staff writers are expected to generate a high volume of engaging, high-quality content for Rowland Publishing’s proprietary and custom publications as well as Rowland Publishing’s branded magazine websites; adhere to ethical standards applicable to a print journalist; and conduct himself/herself in the best interests of RPI. Staff writers may be called upon to assist in the editing of stories prepared by freelance writers, RPI staff members and RPI clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Report and write stories.
- Adhere to story synopses, word counts and deadlines.
- Generate story ideas.
- Edit, as directed, stories written by freelance contributors and others.
- Stay current as to developments in communities served by RPI publications.
- Become familiar with RPI’s story tracking systems.
Staff writers are expected to manage their time well, cooperate with members of other departments and seek always to grow professionally. The position requires types of writing including business and industry reporting, short stories for departments in magazine lineups and long-form feature stories. Close attention to deadlines and an unfailing commitment to accuracy are essential.
More details will be shared during the interview process. This is a full-time position. Submit writing samples and a cover letter when applying. Please apply using the form below.